Inform others about the life Jesus offers.
- Inform personally. We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard. (Acts 4:20 NLT) By far, the most effective method of sharing Jesus is telling others what he means to you. What three words or phrases best describe who Jesus is to you? Use those three words or phrases as you inform others. My phrases are: healing love, resilient truth and fulfilling purpose. What are yours?
- Inform preparedly. I have been sent out to tell others about the life he has promised through faith in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 1:1 NLT) Something as simple as John 3:16 communicates the life Jesus offers. For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NLT) Jesus is the answer to three questions everyone asks at some point in life: 1. What happens after I die? 2. What can I do about my guilt? 3. Is there more to life than this?
- Inform faithfully. How can they hear about him unless someone tells them? (Romans 10:14 NLT) People can't respond to Jesus without first being informed about him. Informing people about the life Jesus offers is an essential first step for anyone to trust in Him.
- Inform with perspective. You will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere. (Acts 1:8 NLT) Our task is to be a witness, not an evangelist. A witness tells a part of the story. An evangelist tells the entire story. We are not called to tell the complete plan of redemption, just our part. God will piece together the entire story from the various parts.
- Inform wisely. I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves. (Matthew 10:16 NLT) Place a question on the front end of Inform and it will combine both Inform and Invite in one statement. For instance, "May I ask you a question? The Bible says Jesus came to offer the gift of eternal life, the joy of forgiven life and the peace, power and purpose of abundant life. Is that something you would like to know more about?"
- Inform positively. I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. (Luke 2:9 NLT) You are sharing the greatest news humanity has ever been given. "Don't tell people what they don't have; tell them what you do have." — Arjuna Chijulari
- Move to invite.